- Information we collect
- Identity Data includes first name and last name.
- Contact Data means the data we use to contact you including your billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone number.
- Financial Data means the data we use to process your payments for your orders including your payment card details. We do not store or process your card details ourselves, they are processed and stored via one of our contracted third-party service providers. We encrypt your payment card details in your browser and securely transfer this data to our relevant third-party payment provider to process a payment.
- Transaction Data means details about transactions you have made on our website including the payments to and from you along with other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
- Technical Data means details about the device(s) you use to access our website including your internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Profile Data includes your username (email address) and password, your login data, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, products and services. This includes your browsing patterns and information such as how long you might spend on one of our webpages and what you look at and for on our website, the click stream to and from our website, page response times and page interaction information such as scrolling, clicks and mouseovers.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences.
- Why we need Your information and how we use it
- as needed to provide our services, such as when we use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
- when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list or using a contact form;
- if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
- Information Sharing and Disclosure
- Essential Service providers. We engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to our shop. We will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services. It usually comprises Financial Data, Contact Data and Transaction Data. This happens when we link through to third party payment providers. They tell us that you have paid for your products and, where relevant and/or necessary they will provide us with your Contact Data and Transaction Data. We might engage third party contractors such as delivery companies to perform functions and services related to our shop. We might engage third party contractors to access the website to perform maintenance tasks.
- Professional Advisers. We may also share your data with professional advisers such as an Accountant or Bookkeeper.
- We share information with Notonthehighstreet as necessary to provide you our services and comply with obligations under the Seller Terms and Conditions.
- Business transfers. If we sell or merge the business, we may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
- Compliance with laws. we may collect, use, retain, and share your information if we have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce our agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of our customers, or others.
- Data Retention
- Data Security
- Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU
- We will only transfer your personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission. For further details, see European Commission: Adequacy of the protection of personal data in non-EU countries.
- Where we use providers based in the US, we may transfer data to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between the Europe and the US. For further details, see European Commission: EU-US Privacy Shield.
- Your Rights
- You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information held about you by contacting us using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict our use of, or delete your personal information. Except in exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) we will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- You can object to (i) our processing of some of your information based on our legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, we will delete your personal information unless there are compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about our use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
- Cookies that we use
|Cookie Type||Cookie File Names||Purpose||Active on this site||More Information|
|Essential Site Cookies||Various||Site cookies are essential to the operation of this website. They are usually set when you first visit the site and deleted when you close your browser. If blocked, this site will not operate correctly||No||n/a|
|CMS (Content Management System)||Various||Cookies are set by our CMS/Blog system when you first visit this site. These cookies are not used by the green gables. These cookies are usually deleted when a user closes their browser||Yes||n/a|
|Google Analytics||_utma _utmb _utmc _utmz||These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. The information is used to compile reports that let us improve the site. The information is collected in any anonymous form, including the number of visits to this site, how you arrived at the site, and which pages you visted.||Yes||You can opt-out of these cookies by following this link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout|
If you wish to change, download or remove your personal data in accordance with GDPR then please visit this page for further information https://the-green-gables-store.myshopify.com/pages/gdpr-compliance.
Last updated 24/05/18